Click on the relevant grade links to actually view the syllabus required to pass each grade.
Kenpo Grading Aspects
NOTE: From Beginner to 5th Dan Black Belt (Associate Professor) Each grade is obtained following a Grading exam. The exams consist of the following aspects:
- Physical Training
- Mental Training
- Application of Kenpo Techniques
- Performance of Kenpo Forms from Basic to advanced.
- Breathing Techniques
- Club semi Free Sparring
- Application of Self Defence Techniques
- Multiple attacker sparring
- Target awareness and application of strike to that area.
- Meridian (Energy) awareness and understanding of 14 main meridians
- Pressure point understanding and Chinese body type awareness
- Destructive cycle of energy flow within the body
- First aid training and energy restoration techniques
The Grading Syllabus from 6th Dan Black is based on the time the previous grade has been upheld and also according to the dedication shown to the art of Kenpo over that period of time.
3 years of dedication of 5th Dan allows 6th Dan to be awarded.
3 years of dedication to 6th Dan allows 7th Dan to be awarded.
3 years of dedication to 7th Dan allows 8th Dan to be awarded.
5 years dedication to 8th Dan allows 9th Dan to be awarded.
5 years of dedication to 9th Dan allows 10th Dan to be applied for.
10th Dan is the highest grade possible to achieve in Kenpo it is Grandmaster of the Art.